To succeed as a startup, you need a combination of adequate planning, sound financial strategies, and best marketing strategies among other factors. The top 25 websites for small businesses gives entrepreneurs news, tips, tools, resources and support to succeed in their startups. The list of top websites for small businesses outlined below is in no particular order.
1. Allbusiness.com offers startups resources like how to start and manage a startup, financial management and information on business operation.
2. Entrepreneur.com is dedicated to giving small businesses advice on a range of topics like causes of business success and failure, latest marketing strategies and effective planning for success.
3. Bplans.com believes that the success of any business depends on adequate planning. Bplans.com offers tips on writing business plans and gives samples to get started.
4. Business.com offers information to help startups get products and services that they require. Included topics are finance, human resources, marketing, sales, technology, office management and more.
5. Entreworld.org focuses mainly on starting, financing and growing startups. It helps entrepreneurs globally get information on best funding strategies.
6. SBEcouncil.org will keep you up to date on advocacy and policy concerning small business and how they affect you.
7. Copyblogger.com gives information on best content marketing strategies to increase traffic as well as how all facets of internet marketing.
8. Business.gov gives government information and support services for startups like legal requirements to start a business, where to find government services and more.
9. Businesscreditblogger.com gives information on credit particularly how to increase your business’s creditworthiness.
10. Franchise.com gives information regarding franchising including why you should choose to purchase a franchise as opposed to starting a business from scratch. It also offers advice on the best franchising deals and best companies to enter into franchise agreement with.
11. Frannet.com is dedicated to dealing with everything franchise related, including issues like how a business should know when it is ready to start franchising.
12. Score.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to training, mentoring and increasing entrepreneurial culture globally.
13. SBA.gov is a project by the US government meant to help entrepreneurs with technical, financial and managerial help required to start and build a business.
14. Mashable.com offers information on latest trends in digital marketing, social media, business, web culture and more. The information is useful to an entrepreneur keen on improving business using online marketing.
15. Morebusiness.com has sample business plans, information on contracts, and a wide variety of tips and valuable information.
16. Knowthis.com is the go-to source for information on social media, digital marketing, market research, opinion polls and surveys, advertising and promotion.
17. IRS.gov/Businesses/small has all the information you need concerning matters of taxation. It even includes workshops, forms and publications.
18. inc.com is a product of the leading magazine inc, it gives general information on entrepreneurship like products and services or online tool, and covers the latest trends in business.
19. Bloomberg.com is another popular website for startups. It offers business news, trends and more which can be particularly useful for companies starting out.
20. Smallbiztrends.com is a well established website and a good source of information on market analysis and trends affecting small businesses.
21. Socialmediatoday.com gives entrepreneurs tips, strategies and tools on how to harness the power of social media to add value to their businesses.
22. Startupnation.com is dedicated to teaching entrepreneurs how to start, grow and succeed in business.
23. Toolkit.com is all about cutting costs and teaches startups how to achieve cost cutting through successful case study analysis.
24. Businessinsider.com is another great go-to source for inspiration and the latest trends in small business.
25. Nolo.com offers free legal information that every small business can use.
Whether you are considering starting a small business or have been in business for years, keeping your finger on the pulse of topics of concern and having go-to sources of reliable information is important. Bookmark these sites and check them out for the good of your business.